Check back regularly for the latest on following a plant based diet, staying fit, personal spirituality and living a balanced life. I will be sharing my experiences as well as providing answers to some of the questions sent to me.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes and hope to somehow find the time to setup some cooking demonstrations. I also will be posting some great resources for those who want to learn more about plant based diets.

I believe that today is an awesome day,

but tomorrow is going to be even better!


Sunday, September 21, 2014

Burrito Bowl

If I am not up to cooking, I don't have a lot of choices for a quick take out.  But one of my favorites when I feel like treating myself is the Veggie Burrito Bowl from Chipotle.  I leave off the sour cream, cheese and only get a touch of the guacamole and it is a great treat.

So one night I decided, "I don't need Chipotle.  I can do this myself!"  So I created my own "Deacon Pat Burrito Bowl."


Brown rice
Corn salsa
Tomato salsa
Baby Spinach
Kale
Baby Swiss Chard
Vegan Cheese
Vegan cashew/Tofu Sour Cream
Boca Crumble
Taco Seasoning
Homemade guacamole
Topped with crumbled taco shells

I layered the bowl with these ingredients and this is what I ended up with.
It was awesome!

Total prep time - 25 minutes.

Who needs Chipotle?

No comments:

Post a Comment