Check back regularly for the latest on following a plant based diet, staying fit, personal spirituality and living a balanced life. I will be sharing my experiences as well as providing answers to some of the questions sent to me.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes and hope to somehow find the time to setup some cooking demonstrations. I also will be posting some great resources for those who want to learn more about plant based diets.

I believe that today is an awesome day,

but tomorrow is going to be even better!


Saturday, July 19, 2014

Julie Marie


I have a new friend and her name is Julie Marie.  I have been talking about her a lot lately and my wife finally asked, “Just who is this Julie Marie that you are always talking about?” 

 Ha!  Jealous!

 Seriously, here is some background information on Julie Marie:  (From www.protectivediet.com)

 

Julie Marie Christensen is certified in Plant Based Nutrition with e Cornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. She is the Creative Director and Recipe Developer of ProtectiveDiet.com, Director and Educator at Protective Diet-Ed, TV Chef on Health Local a public access series, Cooking Instructor, Public Speaker, Presenter, Creator of The 30 Day Whole Food Detox and group workshop, Personal Coach, and Blogger. Her creation and teachings of the Protective Diet has guided many students to reverse disease and reach their ideal body weight. Julie makes adopting a Protective Diet easy, rewarding and sustainable. She specializes in eliminating obesity and food addictions.


Protective Diet is a resource guide and the host of Protective Diet – Ed.  It is an aide in transitioning to a oil, sugar, nut and additive free whole foods plant based diet.  A Protective Diet focuses on the promotion of the endothelium.  This plan isn’t just for those new to a plant based diet.  It is also for the seasoned vegan, vegetarian, or flexetarian that wants to improve the way they eat.  This site is for anyone looking to increase their whole foods consumption and kick their sugar and processed food addictions to the curb.  Believe it or not even a vegan diet can consist of high fat, color less, salt filled, sugar laden, processed food.   Julie Marie makes healthy nutrient dense plant based eating fun, rewarding and delicious.  A Protective Diet will put an end to food cravings and guide you to optimal health.


Warning:  This eating plan will cause many healthy side effects.  Such as reaching your ideal body weight, lowering cholesterol, lowering triglycerides, clearing blockages, reversing type 2 diabetes, making you heart attack proof, freeing you from food cravings, strengthening your immune system, increasing energy, puts an end to constipation, your skin will glow, and attracting a healthy partner just to name a few.


My name is Julie Marie and I’m the creator of Protective Diet.  I’m a Chicago based food coach and cooking instructor certified in plant based nutrition through the T. Colin Campbell Foundation and eCornell.  I have been practicing a whole food plant based diet for 8 years.  I have experienced wonderful health rewards in return.  My energy level is high from eating pure whole foods that my body can easily recognize and put to use.  My iron level is a high and my total cholesterol is a low 127.  High cholesterol runs in my family, but not within me anymore.  I put an end to that with an unprocessed whole food plant based diet free of oil, sugar, nuts and food additives.


As a food coach and cooking instructor I have learned people are starving.  Starving for pure, clean, and nutrient dense food.  Most people don’t know how to separate the good and bad at the grocery store.  Unfortunately people are confused by all the bits of information they receive from the media.  The questions I receive are raised because we as a society are so far from eating real food.  Do I need to eat a gluten free diet and what is it?  What is hydrogenated oil? Is high fructose corn syrup ok in moderation?  Are artificial sweeteners ok if they are made from sugar? How do you get enough protein without eating meat?   I have spent the past 10 years studying nutrition and have learned how plants heal the body.  I have learned most people don’t even know how much protein is appropriate to consume or how much they are currently consuming.  I have also learned that most of America knows they aren’t eating what they should to keep their body in optimum health and disease free.  They want to try, but don’t know where to start.


My goal is to provide this informative guide and to coach everyone who wants to feel alive with life and perfect within their body.  I will make it simple for you to adopt this plan and stick to it.  I will empower you with the ability to take control over your heath and future.  I offer one on one coaching, group workshops, phone coaching, live interactive on line weekly classes called Protective Diet-Ed, cooking classes, support groups, presentations followed up with company and community workshops.  I hope you enjoy my original recipes and cooking videos to guide you to ultimate dietary consciousness.

 

Julie has a series of videos on YouTube where she demonstrates food preparation for many of her recipes.  I think I have watched all of them and have tried most of her recipes which are excellent.  I especially recommend the Potato and Kale soup.  You can find the recipe in a separate post.

 

Here is a link to her YouTube videos:  http://www.youtube.com/user/plantpurity

No comments:

Post a Comment