Check back regularly for the latest on following a plant based diet, staying fit, personal spirituality and living a balanced life. I will be sharing my experiences as well as providing answers to some of the questions sent to me.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes and hope to somehow find the time to setup some cooking demonstrations. I also will be posting some great resources for those who want to learn more about plant based diets.

I believe that today is an awesome day,

but tomorrow is going to be even better!


Sunday, April 7, 2013

Learning about Beans

If you aren't used to cooking with beans, it can be pretty confusing trying to figure out what beans to use in the dishes you prepare.  Beans are an excellent source of protein and can add flavor and variety to some of your basic dishes. 

Here is an article on the Mayo Clinic's website that talks about the different kinds of beans, when to use them and how to prepare them.  I must admit that I mostly use beans from cans (which is more expensive, but more convenient for me.)  But for those who have the time, here is some helpful information.

Beans and Legumes (From the Mayo Clinic)

No comments:

Post a Comment