Check back regularly for the latest on following a plant based diet, staying fit, personal spirituality and living a balanced life. I will be sharing my experiences as well as providing answers to some of the questions sent to me.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes and hope to somehow find the time to setup some cooking demonstrations. I also will be posting some great resources for those who want to learn more about plant based diets.

I believe that today is an awesome day,

but tomorrow is going to be even better!


Saturday, March 23, 2013

Crunchy Kale Salad

I was so excited to get an email from my daughter recently who tried this recipe and wrote to tell me how awesome it was!  It makes me so happy to see friends and family really making efforts to eat healthier.  Swapping recipes and ideas can really be a lot of fun.

So here is my daughter, Kathleen's, recipe for Crunchy Kale Salad.  As she said, "Kale is the new lettuce, with an attitude."

So let's go . . . . .

Crunchy Kale Salad
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 cup sliced almonds
4 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
1 granny smith apple, diced small
1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt.  For those who do not eat dairy, use tofu sour cream.
1 tablespoon honey
1 leman, juiced and zested
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Toss chickpeas in oil, salt and chili powder, spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes until crispy.

Spread almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes until just brown.

Stir yogurt (or tofu sour cream), honey, lemon juice, salt and papper and pour over the kale and toss to coat.  Add roasted chickpeas, almonds and apple and toss.

Garnish with lemon zest. 

Delicious.

Great blend of flavors.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment