Check back regularly for the latest on following a plant based diet, staying fit, personal spirituality and living a balanced life. I will be sharing my experiences as well as providing answers to some of the questions sent to me.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes and hope to somehow find the time to setup some cooking demonstrations. I also will be posting some great resources for those who want to learn more about plant based diets.

I believe that today is an awesome day,

but tomorrow is going to be even better!


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Time to Think Outside the Box

I recently heard about the City of Dublin where the city employees are being encouraged to learn about and participate in a wellness program to improve their health so as to reduce health care costs.  A program providing education and support to follow a plant based diet was included and produced some amazing results.  I think we are going to see more of this as employers are trying to find practical ways to help their employees and save money.  This worked for the people of Dublin!

To learn more about Dublin's project, click here.


There is also an article on CNN.com that expresses support for lifestyle changes as a practical solution to the disastrous problem of rising health care costs.  To read this article, click here.

There was a documentary on a couple of nights ago about this issue,  "Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare.     I didn't see it, but plan on watching it soon.

People are beginning to realize we, as a nation, can no longer afford to live the way we have.

 We must change how we do things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment